Escape to our cozy Pinecrest Hideaway cabin nestled among the pines in the High Sierra Mountains. A dream vacation just 3 hours from SF! Horseback riding, hiking trails, historic gold country, wine tasting, lakes, ice skating, snow play, & skiing in the Sonora Pass. This is our beloved family vacation cabin and we are delighted to share it with you (when we are not using it)! Our cabin comes with all you need for a beautiful stay without having to bring much! Beach gear, sleds, bbq, new linens, beach towels, and coolers!
- Just a short 4 mile drive to beautiful Pinecrest Lake
- Just 8 miles to Dodge Ridge Ski Resort! 10 minutes from door to slope!
- Multilevel decks for relaxing, bbq, and star-watching
- Cabin includes 2 brand new paddle boards for lake adventures!!!! Sleds for the kids in winter!
- Beach chairs, beach towels, coolers, beach blankets.
The Pinecrest Hideaway Experience:
- Master Bedroom with Queen bed and vaulted ceilings, TV & DVD player. Skylights and windows overlooking the forest.
- Guest bedroom with Queen bed and forest views.
- Full bath with bathtub and soft cotton towels. Half bath upstairs.
- Main level has an open plan living room and dining room with a wood burning stove and glass doors that lead off to the deck where there is a gas bbq and dining table.
- Fully stocked kitchen with Stove, New Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster, Blender, and Keureg Coffee maker.
- Large upper floor family game/ living room with Air Hockey table, games, sectional couch, TV and DVD library.
- Over 1,000 square feet of outdoor decks on 3 levels!
- Perfect for 4-6 guests- Keyless entry- Spotlessly clean.
-Twinkly outdoor string lights (perfect for outdoor sleeping on hot summer nights).
- Wood fired stove for cozy evenings by the fire! (Firewood NOT provided)
- Free satellite WIFI 20Gb speed for those who need to work! We are one of the few cabins with a site line through the trees for satellite WIFI. Verizon and ATT work in the area
- Books in our little cabin library. Games & puzzles for the whole family.
- All new bath & bed linens. 3" Memory foam mattress toppers for a super restful night's sleep.
- Rain shower head with great water pressure. Luxurious new bathroom fixtures & plenty of hot water.
- Parking: We have a circular paved driveway that you could park three average sized vehicles in the summer (1 large SUV or two small vehicles in the winter depending on snow)Guests will have full access to the cabin, decks, and forested property! Our caretaker lives across the street.I am available by phone/ text/ email and have a slew of great neighbors as well! Our caretaker lives across the street and will likely check in with you during your visit. There are 2 fire stations nearby and the local market/ gas station is super close for supplies. There are also 2 ranger stations within 5 miles & they are super helpful with knowledge of the area!
The community of Cold Springs is a vacation cabin community founded in the 1950's shortly after the founding of nearby UC Berkeley Pinecrest "Lair of the Golden Bear" (1948). Situated on a ridge overlooking the beautiful Stanislaus National Forest, each cabin was set to have a view while being close to the lake and skiing! In the summer months guests can enjoy Pinecrest Lake which is a 5 minute drive from the cabin. Rent kayaks, fishing boats, and pontoons, take out our complimentary paddleboards, swim, read, hit the snack shack or general store on your way to hike the Pinecrest Lake trail (3.5 miles around the lake).
Take a day hike up to Cleo’s bath Trail (see our instagram for pics!). Rent bikes at the Pinecrest Resort. Have a Picnic or BBQ at the lakeshore day use area. At night, stay for a movie under the stars at the incredible, historic Pinecrest Outdoor Ampitheater!
The Pinecrest Cold Springs area on the Sonora pass is a short drive to: Yosemite (1.5 hour beautiful drive), Columbia State Park, Jamestown (historic mining town), Railtown 1897 State Historic Park, Moaning Caverns, Big Trees State Park, Mercer Caverns, Strawberry, the Stanislaus River, Fraser Flats (camping, fishing, & day use area), Beardsley Lake (fishing & day use area), horseback riding up at Aspen Meadow Pack Station, Columns of the Giants, Kennedy Meadow Pack Station, and tons of other incredible Gold Country and Sierra adventures! There is something for everyone!
- Nearby restaurants & food: Mia's Woodfired Pizzas, The Steam Donkey bar & grill, the Pinecrest Lake Snack Shack, The Serene Bean Espresso bar (Pinecrest), Alicia's Sugar Shack (amazing breakfast), The Rock of Twain Harte restaurant, Twain Harte Outdoor Farmers Market, & Murphy's main street featuring over 10 gold country wine tasting rooms!
Pinecrest Lake is just a 4 mile drive down highway 108. There are bike rentals in Pinecrest and a Tuolomne County shuttle that operates in the summer (check website). On weekends it is best to be early!! Weekdays are easier. There are beautiful rivers to explore nearby as well, for trail hikes and swimming holes!
In the winter months, Dodge Ridge ski resort is just 10 minutes away! We recommend you carry snow chains or have 4 wheel drive. Our road is plowed daily but it is important to know that you may need to shovel snow if it snows overnight on your vehicle.
The Pinecrest Hideaway is a sanctuary for families, couples, small families, and professionals seeking relaxation in a peaceful environment. We allow 6 guests maximum. If you choose to bring up more guests than allowed, your deposit will not be returned. Please respect our neighbors and the serenity of our neighborhood.
** Quiet time is enforced at 10pm and we have local neighbors. See house rules for more info. The house & decks are NOT CHILDPROOF so please supervise children (especially small children) at all times! Safety first!
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking and facilities
Parking available, Parking-on-street, Parking Included, Private Garden , Private Porch
Children welcome, Pets not allowed, Smoking not allowed , Wheelchair inaccessible
Deck chairs , TV (Antenna)
Kitchen and dining
Gas BBQ, Blender, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator , Toaster
Lake, Mountain, River, Rural , Ski in out
Bathroom and laundry
Bed linen, Hair dryer, Clothes dryer, Essentials, Iron & Board, Shower, Towel set, Bathtub , Washing machine
Heating and cooling
Air conditioning, Ceiling fans, Fireplace, Floor heating, Heating available , Wood/Tiled stove
Internet and office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit , Smoke Detector
Pets not allowed
Smoking not allowed
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 11:00 AM